Please join us for our Community Farm Days – monthly from April-October. We work the land and learn together from 8 AM -1 PM followed by a potluck lunch and conversation, 1-2:30 PM. All are welcome. Check the weather report and dress appropriately. People of all skill levels are welcome for a day of joyful connection to land and one another. We are honoring the Haitian cultural practice of Konbit, cooperative work and mutual aid. PLEASE RSVP HERE.
2017 Dates: April 22, May 20, June 17, August 26, September 23, October 28, November 18 (No community farm day in July)
For those travelling from far away, please consider this list of local accommodations.
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about community farm days.
Skilled and Ongoing Volunteer Positions
For those interested in a deeper and ongoing relationship with Soul Fire Farm, we can use support in the areas listed below. Each position requires independent, self-directed work.
- Remote Office – proofreading, research, bibliographies, data sorting, phone calls
- On Farm Program – setup, cleanup, and cooking
- Local Driving – picking up participants and supplies
- Local Outreach – attending local community events and talking about Soul Fire Farm
- On Farm TLC – massage, energy healing, and personal support for Soul Fire crew
- Donations – solicit and gather in-kind donations
- Remote Art – make handwritten notecards and homemade gifts to use as “thank you’s”
Positions are filled on a rolling basis. If you have other skills that you think might be helpful, let us know in the application. We will be in touch to interview you. Thanks for your interest!